Monday, February 02, 2009

Happy Birthday to my Amazing Husband

Today is Danny's 24th birthday.

Currently Danny is talking to his family and putting together a new lego set that he got for his birthday. We had school/work today so we could not just loaf around, sadly. We did go out to dinner to Lon's BBQ. It is pretty good, not quite Spring Creek (this amazingly delicious place in Texas), but it is definitely yummy.
Danny is happy with his birthday. He got Star Wars legos so he is all set.

Danny is such a wonderful and amazing person. I love him so much. I am so incredibly blessed to have him in my life. I could go on and on, but then it would just be mushy and probably bore you people. ;)


So, this is a picture of Danny as a baby. Isn't he just the cutest thing ever???


















This is a random picture from our wedding. He is talking to me on the phone. I was calling to tell him that I was just running late and not leaving him. (such a sad thought!!) Anywho- this picture captured the fact that his eyes do in fact sparkle. It is one of the many things I adore about him. Cute? Sappy? I know, but it is true.















In other news, Happy Groundhogs Day! Apparently Phil saw his shadow so it will be another 6 weeks of winter.

In other other news, not much else is going on. School is keeping us busy, but not overwhelmingly so.

We are having a birthday party for Danny on Saturday. I think it will be lots of fun. I will have to remember to take pictures. It will be Star Wars themed.

Love,
The Bakkers

3 comments:

AlexandraDill said...

EWWWW MUSHINESS!!!!!!!!!!!! =D ha ha it's just so good to know you still like each other...

Andrea Forsyth said...

Hello Calista,

This is your long lost friend from your mud pie making days...Andrea pulled up your blog (and I'm not bitter that I'm not a member or anything : ) Anyway, just read your 'Timmy the Three-Feathered Turkey' song. I have to tell you, it's quite the tune, but it doesn't match the 'Duct Tape' song of '99 or whenever it was that you went camping with us, used some duct tape for something, and a masterpiece was born. That is all. Also, I love that you are throwing a Star Wars themed party for your husband. I don't need to meet him to know that you two are perfect for each other!

Love,
Melinda

"Duct tape fixes everything, except a broken heart..." That song still resonates within my soul.

Shanan and Danica said...

happy belated birthday!!