Friday, March 27, 2009

A General Update on Life

This is a general update for all those who feel so inclined to read.

We had a good time with my cousin Melissa here despite not really being able to go any where. She was a good sport and walked when we had to go to campus and stuff.

School is starting to wind down. There are only three weeks left and then finals! I can't believe how fast this semester flew by. My grades aren't exactly stellar this time around. It has been a very rough and intense semester for me.
Danny is doing very well though.

Probably the most interesting thing right now is that Danny and I are finally experiencing one of those stressful young married couple financial things! That sounds really bizarre, I know. I thought of that the other day. Danny and I have been extremely lucky. We have not had to deal with too much since we have been married. It has been pretty easy actually. Then, this semester everything is happening at once! Too bad the craziness couldn't spread out over the past 1 1/2 years. haha.

We are still waiting to see exactly what we owe from my surgery. We received the hospital bill pre-insurance coverage and yikes! I am expensive. ;) Danny has a pretty good idea what we will owe but we are still waiting for the final say.

The trick is at the same time we are having serious car problems. We do not know for sure what is going on with the car because we haven't taken it in to a shop yet. We do know that it had been having transmission problems and that most likely it is still major transmission problems. Transmissions are expensive. We also need to figure out how to get the car to the shop. Last time we tried to use the car it couldn't get out of the driveway! I couldn't help it, I laughed. (I am the type of person that laughs in very stressful situations). But we could not get the car over the bump at the end of our driveway! (it is a pretty big bump) So, the front tires got over the bump (car was in backwards) but then we couldn't get the back tires over because we couldn't get enough momentum in the car! It was so ridiculous. Our neighbor and Danny pushed the car back over the bump into the driveway while I steered. And there our car has stayed.

So, the plan is to find out exactly what we owe to the hospital. Then we will figure out the car.

In the mean time friends and visiting teachers have been so nice and giving me rides to work. I will start taking the bus soon. Last weekend I worked some random times though that were too late for the bus to take me home. Oh, and the bus doesn't run on Sundays. I had to work last Sunday. Other than that Danny has continued riding the bike to school and I have been walking. The walking isn't so bad. I just have to plan extra time. Especially when walking to my Clinical Psych class. It takes 40 minutes just to get there! Smiths grocery store is just 5 minutes away so we have been shopping there. Danny prefers Maceys but it is a bit further. What an adventure.

Our friends Matt and Kimi are moving two houses down. I didn't even know the house was for sale! Kimi stopped by to look at it then came over to say hi and told me. They need a bigger place because they are going to have a baby girl over the summer. It is a basement house similar to ours but bigger. It will be fun to live near them again. Matt and Kimi, Anna and Peter, and Danny and I all used to live on the same street when we were all dating each other. So, we just need to get Anna and Peter to move down here too! ;)

Well, that is what is going on right now. Everything else is good. I have a stupid cold right now but that happens. It is just more of a nuisance than anything else.

Hope you guys are all doing well!

1 comment:

Shanan and Danica said...

good luck with everything!! I know how stressful the money things can be.